While I have loved my journey of blogging and writing so far, the one aspect of it that I wasn’t prepared for was how socially isolating it is! It can be weighty for your average social butterfly like me.
I love social media and corresponding and working with fellow artists through my blog. I email with so many people, Skype chat, we comment on each others blogs, Tweet and facebook and I have developed a great fondness for many of my readers and people that I collaborate with but it can still feel ‘impersonal’. Continue reading
I am looking for a few guest bloggers.
The posts must be new pieces, never before posted/published.
The topics that I am interested in are as follows:
- Personal experience pieces on publishing, writing, etc. for example the ups and downs of being a writer/poet/author/blogger or writing tips, tricks of the trade, your writing routine, how to keep motivated, the muse… etc.
- A book review of my new poetry anthology The Vault First Floor. Keep it real, honest and creative.
- An important cause or mission to you that you want to bring awareness to.
If any of these topics interest you please email me your submission for review at firstname.lastname@example.org with Guest Blog in the subject line of your email. Please be sure to include all public domain, free to use images or consent on other images.
As you probably know, hundreds of thousands of writers sign up for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) each year — essentially volunteering to write one 50,000-word novel from scratch in a month’s time. That’s a lot of writing for authors who may want to participate in NaNoWriMo, but are running short on free time. (Like ME)
Have you all heard about the Grammarly Group writing project coming up this November?
If not take a look.
They plan to organize the largest group of authors to ever collaborate on a novel; they’re calling the project #GammoWriMo.
For more information on this unique and oh so creative opportunity please check out the link I provided below.
Happy writing to you all!
- GrammoWriMo – Join Largest Number of Authors to Write a Novel Together (joanyedwards.wordpress.com)
- Tiredness and NaNoWriMo (inkprintmagazine.wordpress.com)
- It’s NaNoWriMo time again! (womenspages.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo! (minasalcove.wordpress.com)
I will be away for the next 2 weeks. It’s family time. I will be going to the cottage with the little’s and we will all be away from the inter net. *gasp*
I want to let everyone know that this upcoming week there will be no Storetry due to vacation time *YaY* but it will return the following week July 2nd so keep an eye out for it. Thank you to everyone that has participated so far. I really love reading all of the submissions and piecing it all together. It is a definite highlight of my week. I am looking forward to publishing the ebook!
My Twitter account reached 500 followers today. Thank you all! I think it’s fantastic. 2 weeks ago it was at 230. I am really pleased to be connecting with you all and many others on different platforms. We are pulling the community together and expanding it as well.
My FB page could use some love. I’ve only recently started to give FB some attention. I really like this platform because I can chat and communicate with you all easier. I’ve gotten to know quite a few of you on a deeper level through FB. So if you have a minute take a peek and give it a like….if it’s your cup of ‘Long Island Iced Tea’ 🙂
Today is the summer solstice. Have a fantastic start to the summer and I hope that you enjoy the longest day of the year with family and friends. If you are looking for a great drink to try tonight check out my newest post on my Mommy blog for a new tasty, fresh cocktail idea that my friend Seb came up with.
My 3 month blogging anniversary is just around the corner! Thank you for all of your support, encouragement and friendship.
*Cheers to you!*
‘Cheers to you
from my thankful heart
Sharing in our passion
of community, writing and art’
©Jennifer David 2013
How do you feel when you see things that don’t sit well with you?
Do you go and talk to you friends and say what a shame things are?
When you see or hear about an injustice being done to a fellow human being do you sit and take a moment to think about how that makes you feel? Do you let it stir and simmer? Do you use that passion to move you forward and take action?
Are you aware of yourself and the passion that burns inside you? Do you make a difference in the lives of those around you? Do you give back to community? Do you volunteer? Do you make a difference?
If not…… Continue reading
WARNING THIS IS MY LONGEST POST YET
So, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by mooreme02 Please check out her blog. I wasn’t going to do this at first as it seemed really chain mail’ish to me but I couldn’t turn away from an opportunity to show case some blog’s that I have been enjoying. I am over the 200 followers limit and so are some of the one’s I will nominate myself but please take a look at them.
So here we go,
The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I adore pillars
2. I like to dance and sing in my kitchen to loud music when people aren’t around
3. I love AMC’s The Walking Dead
4. I enjoy the sun and the beach
5. I am the founder and coach of a cheer leading organization
6. I am a Scorpio, Tiger and Jaguar (I like astrology)
7. I went to school for Funeral Services to be a Funeral Director
8. I am a movie buff I would go to the theater weekly if I had my way (and eat a lot of buttery popcorn)
9. I love museums and architecture (especially fountains and churches)
10. I speak french
11. I am in love with Italy and Italian culture
QUESTIONS ( I will stick with the same questions to avoid a REALLY long post)
1. If you could live in any city where would it be?
Here, home is where the heart is. I would like to retire to a villa in Italy.
2. What would be your favorite vacation destination?
Italy for the food, culture, people and architecture
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people’s tags are sticking out of the back of their shirts and having to repeat myself
4. What is your favorite internet website?
WordPress and Pinterest
5. Do you have a favorite restaurant or food?
I love food. Period. It’s one of the greatest aspects of living for me. Favorites include Lox, Sushi and Maki, Fusion food , mashed potatoes with Yorkshire puddings and gravy the list goes on and on..
6. Who is your celebrity idol?
I’d have to say Oprah, she really paid it forward and did some remarkable things with her success.
7. If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted what would you do?
I would be with the people that I love and care about at the beach in the sun, with wine and books, a ‘frisbee’ and football, a paper and pen, fires and food, the sunset and a long drive back home.
8. How would you rather travel?
Car or sailboat
9. What is your biggest fear?
To not live life to the fullest, to be all that I can be for myself and for those around me.
10. What is your favorite sport?
To play, baseball, golf and volleyball. To watch, hockey and football
11. If you were given the keys to any car what would you want them to be?
Porsche 911 GTRS (with a picnic basket in the trunk to stop any where at any time)
My nominations are: (there were so many to choose from so here are a few that I have enjoyed reading, that have engaged me through comments, and supported me by sharing my blog)
1. A Word a Day I love me some Words!
2. Jade’s Jungle She is new and has supported me, check out her blog
3. Andy Check out his blog! Andy also drew attention to the fact that my title could be misread as writing sofa mrs instead of writings of a mrs, this inspired a post idea for the near future
4. Papizilla for approving my blog and posting about it, many thanks again, he’s a great supporter of other bloggers and has a fantastic one himself!
5. John Great blog about retirement
6. Ziggy Mang Great Poetry
7. Jane Louise Beautiful photography!
8. kouzounaskitchen Mmmm food
9. The ancient Eavesdroppper Beautiful photographs and poetry
10. Everyday Power Blog His stuff is SO good!
11. The Sand County Environmentalist perspective on nature
A special thanks again to moorme02 for nominating me!! And to all of you that bothered to read this!