Thank you to http://1writeway.com/2013/04/22/sunshine-award/#comment-850 for the wonderful award nomination. I appreciate it.
Here are the rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your Blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 Bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their Blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Since I am new to this award, I’ll answer of the same questions
- Favorite color: Green
- Favorite animal: Savannah Cat or Black Panther
- Favorite number: 5
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice
- Favorite alcoholic drink: Ameretto on Ice
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter: Face Book
- My passion(s): Writing, humanity, networking, family, community, volunteerism, education, enlightenment
- Prefer getting or giving presents: Both
- Favorite city: Rome, Italy
- Favorite TV show: The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad
Here are my nominations:
http://jadereyner.com/ Jade’s first book is about to be published. Let’s show her some love and support, if we all could be so fortunate!
http://micheledacosta.wordpress.com/ Her work promotes peace and non-violent conflict resolution. Her heart is a beautiful.
http://runningfather.wordpress.com/ He is an Anchor of his own admission. He’s complicated
http://themusicalpoet.wordpress.com/ He’s a musical poet
http://lizz016.wordpress.com/ She young and sweet and starting to grow her writing
http://anonymousmisanthrope.wordpress.com/ His poetry is deep and complex for me. It gets me thinking
http://tylerpedersen02.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/enduring-fortress/comment-page-1/#comment-1015 Tyler is an avid photographer, poet, ecologist and nature enthusiast. I can’t get enough of his work.
http://sassypanties.wordpress.com/ She’s a big deal (her own words) She’s sassy and different
http://aspiringwriter22.wordpress.com/ She is a fellow Canadian and aspiring writer. She always has something kind to say and her top 5 lists are helpful.
http://liveuntil.com/ He’s searching for truth. It’s a good hunt
WARNING THIS IS MY LONGEST POST YET
So, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by mooreme02 Please check out her blog. I wasn’t going to do this at first as it seemed really chain mail’ish to me but I couldn’t turn away from an opportunity to show case some blog’s that I have been enjoying. I am over the 200 followers limit and so are some of the one’s I will nominate myself but please take a look at them.
So here we go,
The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I adore pillars
2. I like to dance and sing in my kitchen to loud music when people aren’t around
3. I love AMC’s The Walking Dead
4. I enjoy the sun and the beach
5. I am the founder and coach of a cheer leading organization
6. I am a Scorpio, Tiger and Jaguar (I like astrology)
7. I went to school for Funeral Services to be a Funeral Director
8. I am a movie buff I would go to the theater weekly if I had my way (and eat a lot of buttery popcorn)
9. I love museums and architecture (especially fountains and churches)
10. I speak french
11. I am in love with Italy and Italian culture
QUESTIONS ( I will stick with the same questions to avoid a REALLY long post)
1. If you could live in any city where would it be?
Here, home is where the heart is. I would like to retire to a villa in Italy.
2. What would be your favorite vacation destination?
Italy for the food, culture, people and architecture
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people’s tags are sticking out of the back of their shirts and having to repeat myself
4. What is your favorite internet website?
WordPress and Pinterest
5. Do you have a favorite restaurant or food?
I love food. Period. It’s one of the greatest aspects of living for me. Favorites include Lox, Sushi and Maki, Fusion food , mashed potatoes with Yorkshire puddings and gravy the list goes on and on..
6. Who is your celebrity idol?
I’d have to say Oprah, she really paid it forward and did some remarkable things with her success.
7. If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted what would you do?
I would be with the people that I love and care about at the beach in the sun, with wine and books, a ‘frisbee’ and football, a paper and pen, fires and food, the sunset and a long drive back home.
8. How would you rather travel?
Car or sailboat
9. What is your biggest fear?
To not live life to the fullest, to be all that I can be for myself and for those around me.
10. What is your favorite sport?
To play, baseball, golf and volleyball. To watch, hockey and football
11. If you were given the keys to any car what would you want them to be?
Porsche 911 GTRS (with a picnic basket in the trunk to stop any where at any time)
My nominations are: (there were so many to choose from so here are a few that I have enjoyed reading, that have engaged me through comments, and supported me by sharing my blog)
1. A Word a Day I love me some Words!
2. Jade’s Jungle She is new and has supported me, check out her blog
3. Andy Check out his blog! Andy also drew attention to the fact that my title could be misread as writing sofa mrs instead of writings of a mrs, this inspired a post idea for the near future
4. Papizilla for approving my blog and posting about it, many thanks again, he’s a great supporter of other bloggers and has a fantastic one himself!
5. John Great blog about retirement
6. Ziggy Mang Great Poetry
7. Jane Louise Beautiful photography!
8. kouzounaskitchen Mmmm food
9. The ancient Eavesdroppper Beautiful photographs and poetry
10. Everyday Power Blog His stuff is SO good!
11. The Sand County Environmentalist perspective on nature
A special thanks again to moorme02 for nominating me!! And to all of you that bothered to read this!