The Five Star 5 – 40 Years Update…
Congrats Tim, this is great news. It always feels so good to set a goal and achieve it. I know for many people weight loss is a real challenge and setting unrealistic goals can lead to deeper self confidence issues and a vicious cycle of disappointment!
Love your last lesson learned…portion sizes aren’t the portions tiny? lol
I can’t give up the beer and wings with hockey, I’m such a Canadian girl. I have tried to eat moderately and set weight loss goals but I settled on a healthy life style, balanced meals and embracing this now 39 (it’s my bday today!) *gulp* year old body of mine.
Keep setting goals and achieving them my friend! The skies the limit!
I’m proud of you! I may just hit the gym after I have some cake today! lol
At the end of August, I decided I needed to lose some weight. I had progressively let myself go, and for the first time in my life wanted to see if I could commit to losing a few pounds.
I am very proud to say that I DID IT!!!!
I attempted to lose 10 pounds over a 9 week period, and on my last weigh in I had lost 12 pounds!
Here are the top five lessons learned over the 9 weeks:
- It is NOT an easy thing to do!
- I still needed a TREAT day once per week to enjoy my favourite foods
- Eating healthy 95% of the time takes a lot of work but is worth it
- Eating smaller meals more often did surpress my appetite
- A normal portion size is much smaller than I ever thought
- I have a new mindset that if I deeply…
View original post 154 more words
Thank you 🙂